Does it look like this around your front and back doors?
We don’t wear shoes in the house, and as a result, our front and back doors were always piled with shoes. Lots and lots of shoes. It made me crazy and always made the house look messy. I researched ideas for all different kinds of shoe racks but didn’t like the idea of still being able to see a bunch of shoes as soon as you walked into the house–even if they weren’t on the floor.
I needed something that would fit my space, needs, and aesthetic. Here were my non-negotiables:
- Must fit the style of the house
- Must fit in the space I had to work with
- Must be able to hold multiple pairs of shoes
- Must completely keep the shoes out of site
- Must be convenient, because we both know if it’s not, nobody is going to use it
- Must be able to hold up to damp shoes
I built it to fit in the small nook in our entryway and blend seamlessly into the decor. It is secured to the wall with a ledger board to prevent tipping. Shoes can easily be tossed in, and each drawer can hold several pairs–or even boots. I sprayed the inside of each drawer with a rubberized waterproof coating and then added floor mats to protect the wood from water and dirt.
I so love the results. Another problem solved!
Hold My Wine, I’ve Got This…