I was given this dresser by a family member. I absolutely fell in love with the style and lines of this piece. The problem was that it was falling apart. As you can see in the before picture, the bottom was falling out, and most of the drawer slides had come apart. Structurally, it needed some love, but it definitely is a quality piece of furniture.
I started by completely disassembling the dresser. Once I had the drawers and slides removed, I was able to realign the body of the dresser and secure it in place. I reattached the drawer slides and leveled the base. The top and the trim were painted in Waverly Chalk Paint in Mineral, while the drawers and sides were painted in Benjamin Moore’s Sugar Cookie. Finally, the entire piece got a coat of Varathane water based poly in a Satin Finish.
The finished dresser has a refreshed finish, but in colors and tones that respect its original style.
Hold My Wine, I’ve Got This…
If you enjoy these posts, please like, share or comment. If you would like to receive my blog posts via email, you can sign up here.